Sunday, January 8, 2012

Dogs Who Love Us

Although I love my 3 cats, this brief post is about dogs.  I say "brief post" because it would be easy to write an entire book about dogs, and many people have.  For those of you who have read "About the Red Leash" on my web site, you know how much my beloved Murphy meant to me.  For those who haven't read it, well, suffice it to say that he was a once-in-a-lifetime dog!


While Murphy can never be replaced, I have learned that I have enough love for more dogs . . . and so we added two more to our family after he died.  (Some days, 5 pets seems a bit much but I wouldn't trade any of them.)  Every day, I continue to marvel at how constant a dog's love is, no matter what my mood or whether I am coming or going.  They meet me at the door when I come in, and they bat their big brown eyes at me when I leave--thinking, I am sure, that they can convince me to stay.  Whenever I leave the house, I tell Darby and Josie that "I will be right back."  They always believe me (I am sure of that) but they invariably greet me as though I've been away for days.  And when we go for a walk they act as if it is a new adventure each time, even if we take the same path.  It is a joy to watch them enjoy life!  For you who are dog lovers, you understand all that I am saying and more.  Dogs add something to our lives that cannot be replicated by anything else on God's earth.


To see a glimpse of Darby and Josie, please visit my Facebook page and check out the photos on the Wall:  Red Leash Photo Facebook. I'd love to read your comments about your own dogs, either here or on my Facebook page.  

3 comments:

  1. Truer words have not been spoken. Hoover is my constant companion - thrilled to see me whether I've been gone for 5 minutes or 5 days. Like Darby and Josie, Hoover's daily walk down Mulberry Lane yields fresh marvels to his ever-twitching nose, even if we were just there earlier in the same day. Gotta love dogs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh..you've got me here!! I can't imagine a life without my sweet pup. She's my constant companion..and absolute best friend (I tell her all my secrets..and I know they're forever safe!!!).
    Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And isn't it wonderful how we all believe we have the best dog in the world, and the dogs know they have the best humans!

    ReplyDelete