Monday, February 6, 2012

A Little Blurb About Trees

I'm preparing for another trip to Maine so have had little time to add to my blog.  I posted this same shot on Google+ and thought I would share it here as well.  Traditionally, I have always looked at trees as living things with trunks and limbs and leaves.  As a kid, I liked to learn about the different species of trees in my area and try to pick them out when I was out walking.  I still love trees and can't imagine ever having a yard without at least two.  But now I also look at trees in terms of making photographs:  what are their shapes, lines and colors?  What does the light surrounding them look like?  Should they be included or excluded from an image?  Should they be the subject of an image?  The most amazing thing to me is how trees can become abstract art.  Thanks to Brenda Tharp and others, I now enjoy creating abstract images from trees.  If you have not tried it, do so--experiment and be creative!  The image below is one of my two favorite shots of tree abstracts.  This one came from, where else, Maine!


3 comments:

  1. What a stunning abstract. I know exactly what you mean about trees - their elegance and grace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very graphic composition and processing ! Very beautiful !
    My vote for you on Coolphotoblogs, good luck !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Kevin! I appreciate your comments and vote!

      Delete